reparation time:15 mins
Cooking Time:30 mins
Total time:45 mins
- For the cake:
- 3 large carrots (370g)
- 4 medium eggs
- 1½ cups sunflower oil (360ml)
- 2 cups refined sugar (360g)
- 3 cups and ¼ wheat flour (390g)
- 1 tablespoon chemical baking powder (18g)
- 1 pinch of salt
- Oil to grease the form
- Flour to sprinkle the form
- To the roof:
- 1 cup of chocolate powder (100g)
- 1⅓ refined sugar (240g)
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil (12g) *
- ½ cup of water (120ml)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Grease an approximately 30cm x 25cm rectangular pan, sprinkle with flour and beat the pan to remove excess.
- In a large bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt and set aside.
- Peel the carrots, cut into slices and place in a blender, add oil, sugar and eggs and beat until smooth cream.
- Gradually start adding the liquids to the dry ingredients, use a fouet to mix the ingredients until a smooth and homogeneous mass.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake for about 30 minutes.
- After that time, stick a toothpick in the center of the dough. If the toothpick comes out clean it is time to remove from the oven, if it comes out with a little dough put the cake back in the oven until baking completely.
- Cut the cake while still hot without removing it from the pan.
- Prepare the syrup
- Stir all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir with a spatula.
- When the mixture boils, cook for about 5 to 8 minutes without stirring.
- Turn off the syrup and immediately pour over the cake.